Northern Spark 2015 takes place in six zones of Minneapolis:
- Mill City & Mill Ruins Park
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design & Minneapolis Institute of Arts
- Minneapolis Convention Center Plaza
- Peavey Plaza
- University of Minnesota—Weisman Art Museum, Northrop, and The Bell Museum of Natural History
- Walker Art Center
With nearly 70 projects in 6 areas of Minneapolis, there is a lot to see and experience at Northern Spark.
To make the most of your night hike:
- wear comfortable shoes,
- bring weather appropriate gear and layers of clothing,
- traverse the festival by bicycle,
- stay hydrated(!)—bring a water bottle to fill up at the TapMpls water station,
- fuel up—bring snacks to eat while choosing between festival food truck offerings
Tools to plan your route (or just wander and discover)!
Mobile Website / northernspark.org holds all the information you need to plan your adventure—project listings, maps, a schedule of timed events and more. The My Night feature lets you customize a list of projects you want to see, including times and locations. northernspark.org is mobile-ready; instead of the NS app, use the mobile site to find your way on festival night and learn more about the artists and presenters.
On-site Signage / To find a project at a festival venue, look for tall signs with red flags and the Northern Spark icon.
Social Media / Connect with us for the latest news on #nspk projects:
- twitter: @Northern_Spark
Subscribe to the Northern Lights.mn newsletter for year-round events and opportunities by going to northernspark.org and clicking the “Newsletter” button.
Information Hubs / Each festival zone has a Northern Spark Information Tent or Table. Stop by and chat with a friendly volunteer. The Information Tents at Peavey Plaza, Mill City and Minneapolis Convention Center Plaza will have first-aid supplies, bike pumps, merchandise for sale, and night-of-festival updates.
Hotel Partner / Book your stay with Northern Spark’s hotel partner and receive a special room rate and a late check out of 2 pm on Sunday, June 14. Just mention Northern Spark when making your reservation.
THE GRAND HOTEL MINNEAPOLIS
615 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55402
Reservations: (866) THE-GRAND (843-4726) / Phone: (612) 288-8888